Aquastar Benthos 500
- Modified AS2162 automatic movement with center minute counter chronograph.
- 25 jewels, 28800 A/h, 46 hours of power reserve.
- Stainless steel case with steel screw-down caseback in excellent condition.
- 43 mm (without crown – 39mm bezel) / 48 mm (lug-to-lug) / 16 mm (thick) / 21 mm (between lugs).
- Original signed crown and chronograph pushers in excellent condition.
- Mineral crystal in excellent condition.
- Rotating bezel with black insert with minute scale in perfect condition and turning smoothly.
- New black rubber strap strap with yellow accents and steel buckle.
- Original blue dial in very good condition.
- Applied hour markers with tritium lume with dark patina.
- Original stick hands with tritium lume for hours and minutes with some tarnishing around the lume inserts.
A bit of history on the Aquastar Benthos 500 (excerpt from The Watch and More):
The Benthos 500 could be looked upon as Aquastar’s flagship in the sixties and seventies. It was the first watch pressure tested for depths up to 500 meters, hence the “500” in the name of the model.
The production period for the Benthos was from 1962 to 1972, although it is hard to pinpoint the production year exactly with these watches. They used modified A. Schild 1902 and 2162 movements, and as far as I know these movements did not have serial numbers that could give us the production year.
The dial is a classic diver dial, legible and heavy on the lume for enhanced readability in murky waters. It is a balanced dial with enhanced minute markers every five minutes. The broad stick hour and minute hands adds to the legibility of the watch, as does the second hand. The one thing that stands out is the fourth hand shaped like an orange arrow. This is the minute counter started with the pusher at four o’clock. The diver used the combination of the bezel ring and this minute counter to time the dives.
When will I receive my new vintage watch?
We try to dispatch every order as soon as possible, but in some cases it can take us up to 48 hours to prepare your goods for shipment. Unless otherwise instructed by you, we will ship your watch with the Spanish Postal Service (link) and we’ll provide you with a tracking reference as soon as the package is delivered at the Post Office. The average shipment within the EU will take approximately 6 working days.
Is the shipment insured?
Yes. Shipping cost includes insurance equivalent to the price you paid for the watch. It does not include shipping costs.
How can shipping costs be the same when the value of the watches differ?
We take charge of the difference between the cost of the insurance and what we charge you. We calculate shipping costs based on a very low insurance value so we can offer you a simple checkout process. The remaining cost of insurance is deducted from our margin.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards, bank wire transfers and Paypal. We rely on Paypal’s secure and trust-worthy platform to manage all credit card payments.
Can I use my new vintage watch as an everyday wearer?
Sure. We only sell watches that are in full-working condition. However you must bear in mind that these are vintage pieces that may be 40, 50 or 70 years old. You can enjoy your new watch regularly under everyday life conditions. We do not recommend wearing your new vintage watch while performing sports or intense physical activities. Also, we cannot guarantee waterproofness in this kind of watches.
Where do you source the watches you sell?
In the land of the magic Unicorns, where everything is joy and bliss. No, seriously, we find most of our pieces at local auctions and flea markets. Some times we discover exceptional watches for sale at specialized forums. Occasionally, they come to us through their former owners who just want to sell them. In the end, we try to bring the most attractive and singular vintage watches to you.
Shipping & Payments
All orders are shipped using Spain’s Post service. You will be provided with a tracking reference number once your order has been shipped. Goods are duly packed and protected to prevent damages.
Please be aware that we may need up to 48 hours to dispatch your orders if they are placed on weekdays. No dispatch on weekends and holidays.
We accept he following safe and trustworthy payment methods:
- Paypal: Pay with credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Amex) or with your own PayPal account. You will be redirected to the PayPal website after confirming your order. There you will have to confirm the payment. After the amount has cleared successfully, you will be sent back to our shop and receive an email from PayPal with your payment confirmation. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.
- Bank wire transfer: If you would like to transfer funds directly from your bank account, please choose this method when processing your order. Once you complete your order, you will receive an email with bank account details. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.