Breitling 2002 Top Time ‘Thunderball’
- Valjoux 7730 manual winding chronograph movement with 45 minute counter at 3.
- 17 jewels, 18000 A/h, 45 hours of power reserve.
- Monocoque (one piece) stainless steel case in great condition.
- 36 mm (without crown) / 42 mm (lug-to-lug) / 11 mm (thick) / 19 mm (between lugs).
- Original Breitling signed steel winding crown and pushers.
- Acrylic crystal in great condition.
- New brown leather with lizard finish strap with steel buckle.
- Original reverse panda black dial with silver subdials, steel markers and tritium lume plots.
- Two registers for chronograph 45 minute counter and running seconds.
- Original steel hours, minutes and seconds hands. Hours and minutes hands with lume inserts.
- White outer ring with tachymeter scale that has faded in a major portion of the ring.
A bit of history about the Breitling 2002 Top Time ‘Thunderball’ (extract from The Spring Bar)
The Breitling Top Time eventually became a classic among watch enthusiasts, thanks to its continued popularity. The many celebrities from the entertaining and sports worlds who were known to wear a Breitling Top Time paved the way for the watch to be etched forever as a part of pop culture.
The most famous among these celebrities is actor Sean Connery who played Agent 007 in the 1965 James Bond movie “Thunderball.” In the film, Connery’s character was tasked to find two NATO atomic bombs that had been stolen by the criminal organization Spectre. To aid in his mission, Q (Desmond Llewelyn) presented James Bond with a modified version of the Breitling Top Time Ref. 2002, equipped with a Geiger counter. The watch featured in various scenes in the movie as Bond uses it to survey radiation in places where the stolen bombs were thought to have been hidden, including in the Disco Volante boat and the Nassau Palmyra estate.
The Breitling Top Time Ref. 2002 is one of only two watches worn by Sean Connery alias James Bond. The other is a Rolex Submariner 6538 featured in “Goldfinger”, “From Russia with Love”, and “Dr. No”, as well as in “Thunderball”. The Top Time 2002 is the first Q-modified watch to appear in the spy film franchise, but not the only Breitling featured. The Breitling Navitimer with Ref. 806 can also be spotted on the wrist of François Derval (Paul Stassino), NATO pilot and brother of Dominique “Domino” Derval (Claudine Auger).
When will I receive my new vintage watch?
We try to dispatch every order as soon as possible, but in some cases it can take us up to 48 hours to prepare your goods for shipment. Unless otherwise instructed by you, we will ship your watch with the Spanish Postal Service (link) and we’ll provide you with a tracking reference as soon as the package is delivered at the Post Office. The average shipment within the EU will take approximately 6 working days.
Is the shipment insured?
Yes. Shipping cost includes insurance equivalent to the price you paid for the watch. It does not include shipping costs.
How can shipping costs be the same when the value of the watches differ?
We take charge of the difference between the cost of the insurance and what we charge you. We calculate shipping costs based on a very low insurance value so we can offer you a simple checkout process. The remaining cost of insurance is deducted from our margin.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards, bank wire transfers and Paypal. We rely on Paypal’s secure and trust-worthy platform to manage all credit card payments.
Can I use my new vintage watch as an everyday wearer?
Sure. We only sell watches that are in full-working condition. However you must bear in mind that these are vintage pieces that may be 40, 50 or 70 years old. You can enjoy your new watch regularly under everyday life conditions. We do not recommend wearing your new vintage watch while performing sports or intense physical activities. Also, we cannot guarantee waterproofness in this kind of watches.
Where do you source the watches you sell?
In the land of the magic Unicorns, where everything is joy and bliss. No, seriously, we find most of our pieces at local auctions and flea markets. Some times we discover exceptional watches for sale at specialized forums. Occasionally, they come to us through their former owners who just want to sell them. In the end, we try to bring the most attractive and singular vintage watches to you.
Shipping & Payments
All orders are shipped using Spain’s Post service. You will be provided with a tracking reference number once your order has been shipped. Goods are duly packed and protected to prevent damages.
Please be aware that we may need up to 48 hours to dispatch your orders if they are placed on weekdays. No dispatch on weekends and holidays.
We accept he following safe and trustworthy payment methods:
- Paypal: Pay with credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Amex) or with your own PayPal account. You will be redirected to the PayPal website after confirming your order. There you will have to confirm the payment. After the amount has cleared successfully, you will be sent back to our shop and receive an email from PayPal with your payment confirmation. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.
- Bank wire transfer: If you would like to transfer funds directly from your bank account, please choose this method when processing your order. Once you complete your order, you will receive an email with bank account details. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.