Breitling 814 Top Time
- Breitling signed Venus 178 manual-wind pillar wheel chronograph movement.
- 17 jewels, 18000 A/h, 45 hours of power reserve.
- Stainless steel case case with screw-down caseback in goo condition showing some signs of wear and a small dent next to the crown.
- 38 mm (without crown) / 43 mm (lug-to-lug) / 12 mm (thick) / 21 mm (between lugs).
- Breitling signed steel winding crown and chronograph pushers in very good condition.
- Acrylic crystal in great condition.
- Casebak signed and engraved with ref. 814 and serial number 1275323 dating the watch to 1969.
- Vintage-style black leather with white side-stitching strap and steel buckle.
- Original and flawless reverse panda dial with metal applied markers with tritium lume.
- Three subdials for chronograph 30 minute counter, 12 hour counter and running seconds.
- Original hands in very good condition with open lume inserts (minute hands has lost some lume on the tip).
- Tachymeter scale on the dial printed in white.
A bit of history about the Breitling 814 Top Time (excerpt from Fratello Watches):
The Breitling 814 was introduced in 1967 and was only made until roughly 1970. The watch was offered with the black dial you see here and either white or orange hour and minute hands. It was also offered in a similarly high-contrast white dial with orange hands. Unlike in earlier Top-Time models where most stated the model name, this version thankfully chose to eschew the verbiage and keep the already arresting dial uncluttered.
The 814 contains the Venus 178 that is one of those classic, triple register, hand-winding, column wheel movements that collectors love. It easily stands up to other classics of the period such as the Valjoux 72, Lemania 321 and Excelsior Park 40 with its 17 jewel, 18,000 bph specs. Unlike the Valjoux that has a bottom pusher spaced slightly further from center than the top pusher, the 178 contains equidistant pusher spacing.
When will I receive my new vintage watch?
We try to dispatch every order as soon as possible, but in some cases it can take us up to 48 hours to prepare your goods for shipment. Unless otherwise instructed by you, we will ship your watch with the Spanish Postal Service (link) and we’ll provide you with a tracking reference as soon as the package is delivered at the Post Office. The average shipment within the EU will take approximately 6 working days.
Is the shipment insured?
Yes. Shipping cost includes insurance equivalent to the price you paid for the watch. It does not include shipping costs.
How can shipping costs be the same when the value of the watches differ?
We take charge of the difference between the cost of the insurance and what we charge you. We calculate shipping costs based on a very low insurance value so we can offer you a simple checkout process. The remaining cost of insurance is deducted from our margin.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards, bank wire transfers and Paypal. We rely on Paypal’s secure and trust-worthy platform to manage all credit card payments.
Can I use my new vintage watch as an everyday wearer?
Sure. We only sell watches that are in full-working condition. However you must bear in mind that these are vintage pieces that may be 40, 50 or 70 years old. You can enjoy your new watch regularly under everyday life conditions. We do not recommend wearing your new vintage watch while performing sports or intense physical activities. Also, we cannot guarantee waterproofness in this kind of watches.
Where do you source the watches you sell?
In the land of the magic Unicorns, where everything is joy and bliss. No, seriously, we find most of our pieces at local auctions and flea markets. Some times we discover exceptional watches for sale at specialized forums. Occasionally, they come to us through their former owners who just want to sell them. In the end, we try to bring the most attractive and singular vintage watches to you.
Shipping & Payments
All orders are shipped using Spain’s Post service. You will be provided with a tracking reference number once your order has been shipped. Goods are duly packed and protected to prevent damages.
Please be aware that we may need up to 48 hours to dispatch your orders if they are placed on weekdays. No dispatch on weekends and holidays.
We accept he following safe and trustworthy payment methods:
- Paypal: Pay with credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Amex) or with your own PayPal account. You will be redirected to the PayPal website after confirming your order. There you will have to confirm the payment. After the amount has cleared successfully, you will be sent back to our shop and receive an email from PayPal with your payment confirmation. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.
- Bank wire transfer: If you would like to transfer funds directly from your bank account, please choose this method when processing your order. Once you complete your order, you will receive an email with bank account details. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.