A Hamilton Alarm wristwatch rarely seen and in great condition. Inside you will find a Hamilton-signed Vulcain’s Cricket 120 movement.
- Hamilton cal. 642 (based on Vulcain’s 120 Cricket) manual-winding with center seconds.
- Alarm complication powered by a second independent barrel.
- Never polished steel case with minor signs of use.
- Beautiful faceted lugs.
- 34mm (without crown / 40mm (lug-to-lug) / 12mm (thick)
- Original Hamilton signed crown and pump pusher for alarm function.
- Hamilton signed caseback engraved “1974 HDCP Champ” (probably a golf tournament prize).
- Acrylic crystal in excellent condition.
- Sunburst silver colored dial with applied baton indices. Numerals at 3, 6,9 and 12.
- Lume plots next to every index.
- Baton-style hands with inner lume for hours and minutes.
- Arrow hand with black painted point for alarm.
- Excellent condition.
Bracelet and strap:
- USA made JB Champion stainless steel flexi bracelet in great condition.
- Additional brand-new tan leather vintage style strap.
Operating Instructions for this Hamilton Alarm A (courtesy of Ranfft Watches)
- Wind watch and alarm: the caliber has two independent barrels for watch and alarm. It is recommended to wind both completely each morning as follows:
- Make sure that the crown at 3h is completely pushed in
- Watch: turn crown towards 6h.
- Alarm: turn cown towards 12h.
- Attention: the according barrel is completely wound up once a resistance appears in one or the other direction. Do not force further. Continue to wind in the other direction.
- Set time: pull the crown at 3h completely and turn it towards 6h. Push the crown completely after setting.
- Set and enable alarm: press down the pusher at 2h completely. The crown at 3h pops up. Turn the crown towards 12h to set the the alarm hand to the desired time. Push completely down the crown again.
- Disable alarm: press the pusher at 2h halfway down. The crown is set freely turnable in both directions.
Attention: never pull the pusher at 2h!
When will I receive my new vintage watch?
We try to dispatch every order as soon as possible, but in some cases it can take us up to 48 hours to prepare your goods for shipment. Unless otherwise instructed by you, we will ship your watch with the Spanish Postal Service (link) and we’ll provide you with a tracking reference as soon as the package is delivered at the Post Office. The average shipment within the EU will take approximately 6 working days.
Is the shipment insured?
Yes. Shipping cost includes insurance equivalent to the price you paid for the watch. It does not include shipping costs.
How can shipping costs be the same when the value of the watches differ?
We take charge of the difference between the cost of the insurance and what we charge you. We calculate shipping costs based on a very low insurance value so we can offer you a simple checkout process. The remaining cost of insurance is deducted from our margin.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards, bank wire transfers and Paypal. We rely on Paypal’s secure and trust-worthy platform to manage all credit card payments.
Can I use my new vintage watch as an everyday wearer?
Sure. We only sell watches that are in full-working condition. However you must bear in mind that these are vintage pieces that may be 40, 50 or 70 years old. You can enjoy your new watch regularly under everyday life conditions. We do not recommend wearing your new vintage watch while performing sports or intense physical activities. Also, we cannot guarantee waterproofness in this kind of watches.
Where do you source the watches you sell?
In the land of the magic Unicorns, where everything is joy and bliss. No, seriously, we find most of our pieces at local auctions and flea markets. Some times we discover exceptional watches for sale at specialized forums. Occasionally, they come to us through their former owners who just want to sell them. In the end, we try to bring the most attractive and singular vintage watches to you.
Shipping & Payments
All orders are shipped using Spain’s Post service. You will be provided with a tracking reference number once your order has been shipped. Goods are duly packed and protected to prevent damages.
Please be aware that we may need up to 48 hours to dispatch your orders if they are placed on weekdays. No dispatch on weekends and holidays.
We accept he following safe and trustworthy payment methods:
- Paypal: Pay with credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Amex) or with your own PayPal account. You will be redirected to the PayPal website after confirming your order. There you will have to confirm the payment. After the amount has cleared successfully, you will be sent back to our shop and receive an email from PayPal with your payment confirmation. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.
- Bank wire transfer: If you would like to transfer funds directly from your bank account, please choose this method when processing your order. Once you complete your order, you will receive an email with bank account details. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.