Porsche Design Orfina 7176S
- Orfina signed Lemania 5100 automatic pillar wheel chronograph movement with 60sec, 60min, 12h, center-minute and -second. Weekday and date indication at 3 and 24h display at 12.
- 17 jewels, 28800 A/h, 48 hours of power reserve.
- Black PVD coated stainless steel case with screw-down caseback in very good condition, showing some wear due to age.
- 41 mm (without crown) / 45 mm (lug-to-lug) / 15 mm (thick) / 20 mm (between lugs).
- Porsche Design original signed steel winding crown in excellent condition.
- Original steel chronograph pushers.
- Original mineral crystal in good condition with a small chirp at 2.
- Original Porsche Design signed NSA black PVD coated stainless steel bracelet with minimal stretch and some signs of wear.
- Original matte black dial in awesome condition with high contrasting white scales and luminous markers.
- All original hands with original tritium lume on hours and minutes.
A bit of history on the Porsche Design Orfina Chronograph I (ref. 7176S) (excerpt taken from Hodinkee):
Form is an important concept to all designers. For German designers who follow the Bauhaus philosophy, an object’s form is inextricably linked to its function. This form-function connection guided Ferdinand Alexander Porsche’s design of the Porsche 911 and the car’s popularity over the past 50 years proves out its success.
Not content to rest on his laurels or become a one-hit wonder, F.A. Porsche made the bold decision to leave the family company and take his distinctive design eye to products beyond the automotive world. In 1972, he founded Porsche Design and his first product was a wristwatch.
It’s hard to believe that before 1972, there were no black watches, given today’s ubiquity of PVD, DLC and ceramic timepieces. So when Porsche Design introduced an austere chronograph in a black steel case with black bracelet, it was a sensation. It was called simply, the Chronograph I and Ferdinand Porsche said his design inspiration was the functional superiority of white dial markers and hands on a black background, as proved out in airplane and automotive gauges. 40 years later, the watch still looks remarkably contemporary with its utilitarian, almost severe, layout. The only flash of color was the sweep seconds hand, which was red to differentiate it from the underlying central minutes hand of the Lemania-powered self-winding chronograph.
When will I receive my new vintage watch?
We try to dispatch every order as soon as possible, but in some cases it can take us up to 48 hours to prepare your goods for shipment. Unless otherwise instructed by you, we will ship your watch with the Spanish Postal Service (link) and we’ll provide you with a tracking reference as soon as the package is delivered at the Post Office. The average shipment within the EU will take approximately 6 working days.
Is the shipment insured?
Yes. Shipping cost includes insurance equivalent to the price you paid for the watch. It does not include shipping costs.
How can shipping costs be the same when the value of the watches differ?
We take charge of the difference between the cost of the insurance and what we charge you. We calculate shipping costs based on a very low insurance value so we can offer you a simple checkout process. The remaining cost of insurance is deducted from our margin.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards, bank wire transfers and Paypal. We rely on Paypal’s secure and trust-worthy platform to manage all credit card payments.
Can I use my new vintage watch as an everyday wearer?
Sure. We only sell watches that are in full-working condition. However you must bear in mind that these are vintage pieces that may be 40, 50 or 70 years old. You can enjoy your new watch regularly under everyday life conditions. We do not recommend wearing your new vintage watch while performing sports or intense physical activities. Also, we cannot guarantee waterproofness in this kind of watches.
Where do you source the watches you sell?
In the land of the magic Unicorns, where everything is joy and bliss. No, seriously, we find most of our pieces at local auctions and flea markets. Some times we discover exceptional watches for sale at specialized forums. Occasionally, they come to us through their former owners who just want to sell them. In the end, we try to bring the most attractive and singular vintage watches to you.
Shipping & Payments
All orders are shipped using Spain’s Post service. You will be provided with a tracking reference number once your order has been shipped. Goods are duly packed and protected to prevent damages.
Please be aware that we may need up to 48 hours to dispatch your orders if they are placed on weekdays. No dispatch on weekends and holidays.
We accept he following safe and trustworthy payment methods:
- Paypal: Pay with credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Amex) or with your own PayPal account. You will be redirected to the PayPal website after confirming your order. There you will have to confirm the payment. After the amount has cleared successfully, you will be sent back to our shop and receive an email from PayPal with your payment confirmation. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.
- Bank wire transfer: If you would like to transfer funds directly from your bank account, please choose this method when processing your order. Once you complete your order, you will receive an email with bank account details. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.