Rolex Datejust ref. 1600 Sigma Linen Dial
- In-house cal.1570 automatic movement with date indication at 3.
- 25 jewels, 19800 A/h, 48 hours of power reserve.
- Certified chronometer.
- Stainless steel case with screw-down caseback in good condition with traces of use.
- 36 mm (without crown) / 42 mm (lug-to-lug) / 11 mm (thick) / 20 mm (between lugs).
- Original Rolex signed Twinlock screw-down winding crown.
- Acrylic crystal with magnifying lens for date in good condition.
- Serial number 2.8 million dates this watch to 1971 matching the engraving on the caseback (IV.71)
- Rolex Jubilée steel bracelet with pronounced stretch and 555 endlinks.
- Steel Rolex signed clasp ref. 62510 marked H that dates it to 1983.
- Very rare original and very well preserved linen silver pie pan dial with white gold indices and tritium lume plots, marked with Sigma letters at 6.
- Date window at 3.
- Original white gold stick hours and minutes hands and sweep seconds. All with tritium lume matching markers patina.
- Black printings for “Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust SCOC Sigma T Swiss Made T Sigma and and minute track.
A bit of history about the Rolex Datejust (extract from Bob’s Watches blog)
Rolex, ever the forerunner of technology, released the advanced Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust in 1945, coinciding with the 40th Anniversary of the Rolex Company. The Datejust was the first self-winding waterproof chronometer wristwatch to display the date in a small window at 3 o’clock on the dial. Its unique magnifying Cyclops eye, added several years later, increased legibility by two and half times, and soon came to be recognized as a Rolex standard. The Datejust admired classic design and appearance, only slightly altered over the years, has become an iconic symbol of style.
Like other Rolex watches, the Datejust is an officially certified chronometer. The Oyster case is also waterproof; a new technology Rolex was able to bring to their luxury watch line. The original Datejust was launched with a bezel size of 36mm.
When will I receive my new vintage watch?
We try to dispatch every order as soon as possible, but in some cases it can take us up to 48 hours to prepare your goods for shipment. Unless otherwise instructed by you, we will ship your watch with the Spanish Postal Service (link) and we’ll provide you with a tracking reference as soon as the package is delivered at the Post Office. The average shipment within the EU will take approximately 6 working days.
Is the shipment insured?
Yes. Shipping cost includes insurance equivalent to the price you paid for the watch. It does not include shipping costs.
How can shipping costs be the same when the value of the watches differ?
We take charge of the difference between the cost of the insurance and what we charge you. We calculate shipping costs based on a very low insurance value so we can offer you a simple checkout process. The remaining cost of insurance is deducted from our margin.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards, bank wire transfers and Paypal. We rely on Paypal’s secure and trust-worthy platform to manage all credit card payments.
Can I use my new vintage watch as an everyday wearer?
Sure. We only sell watches that are in full-working condition. However you must bear in mind that these are vintage pieces that may be 40, 50 or 70 years old. You can enjoy your new watch regularly under everyday life conditions. We do not recommend wearing your new vintage watch while performing sports or intense physical activities. Also, we cannot guarantee waterproofness in this kind of watches.
Where do you source the watches you sell?
In the land of the magic Unicorns, where everything is joy and bliss. No, seriously, we find most of our pieces at local auctions and flea markets. Some times we discover exceptional watches for sale at specialized forums. Occasionally, they come to us through their former owners who just want to sell them. In the end, we try to bring the most attractive and singular vintage watches to you.
Shipping & Payments
All orders are shipped using Spain’s Post service. You will be provided with a tracking reference number once your order has been shipped. Goods are duly packed and protected to prevent damages.
Please be aware that we may need up to 48 hours to dispatch your orders if they are placed on weekdays. No dispatch on weekends and holidays.
We accept he following safe and trustworthy payment methods:
- Paypal: Pay with credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Amex) or with your own PayPal account. You will be redirected to the PayPal website after confirming your order. There you will have to confirm the payment. After the amount has cleared successfully, you will be sent back to our shop and receive an email from PayPal with your payment confirmation. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.
- Bank wire transfer: If you would like to transfer funds directly from your bank account, please choose this method when processing your order. Once you complete your order, you will receive an email with bank account details. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.