Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date ref. 1500
- In-house cal.1570 automatic movement with date indication at 3.
- 25 jewels, 19800 A/h, 48 hours of power reserve.
- Certified chronometer.
- Steel case with screw-down caseback in mint condition.
- 34 mm (without crown) / 42 mm (lug-to-lug) / 11 mm (thick) / 19 mm (between lugs).
- Original Rolex signed Twinlock screw-down winding crown.
- Acrylic crystal with magnifying lens for date in good condition.
- Serial number 2.2 million dates this watch to 1969.
- Service Rolex solid links steel bracelet ref. 78350 with 557 endlinks.
- Clasp signed S T1 dates the bracelet to January 1975.
- Original and very well preserved white dial with Roman numerals, applied hour markers with tritium lume plots.
- Date window at 3 with sought-after open 6 and 9 disc.
- Original stick hours and minutes hands and sweep seconds. All with tritium lume matching markers patina.
- Black printings for “Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date T Swiss Made T and” and minute track.
A bit of history about the Rolex Date (extract from Bob’s Watches blog)
Launched in 1962, the Oyster Perpetual Chronometer Reference 1500 possess a chronometer rated automatic movement. The watch is also durable, offering shock resistance and an antimagnetic case and movement. This particular Rolex also offers an automatic date function.
Popular, Ref 1500 was produced late into the 1970s. The model is available in Rolex’s popular stainless steel as well as 14k and 18k white and yellow gold. The 34 mm, tonneau shaped, waterproof Oyster case features Rolex’s Twinlock crown and screw back. The watch’s dial is available in brushed silver as well as a matte black or white dial. The black dial is rare among early production Ref 1500s. Each dial has applied baton hour markers with luminous accents. The dial also features luminous hands with sweeping centre seconds. A plastic crystal adorns the case, with a magnified lens over the date function. Each case and movement are signed and Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified.
The Rolex Date 1500 is a popular Rolex watch for many reasons. Easy to wear, the Rolex Date 1500 is suitable for the office, golf course, or a black tie event. This is a great watch for the avid Rolex collector as well as the one-time watch buyer. With its versatility and sleek, modern design, the 1500 is an excellent vintage watch whose look and function has withstood the test of time.
When will I receive my new vintage watch?
We try to dispatch every order as soon as possible, but in some cases it can take us up to 48 hours to prepare your goods for shipment. Unless otherwise instructed by you, we will ship your watch with the Spanish Postal Service (link) and we’ll provide you with a tracking reference as soon as the package is delivered at the Post Office. The average shipment within the EU will take approximately 6 working days.
Is the shipment insured?
Yes. Shipping cost includes insurance equivalent to the price you paid for the watch. It does not include shipping costs.
How can shipping costs be the same when the value of the watches differ?
We take charge of the difference between the cost of the insurance and what we charge you. We calculate shipping costs based on a very low insurance value so we can offer you a simple checkout process. The remaining cost of insurance is deducted from our margin.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards, bank wire transfers and Paypal. We rely on Paypal’s secure and trust-worthy platform to manage all credit card payments.
Can I use my new vintage watch as an everyday wearer?
Sure. We only sell watches that are in full-working condition. However you must bear in mind that these are vintage pieces that may be 40, 50 or 70 years old. You can enjoy your new watch regularly under everyday life conditions. We do not recommend wearing your new vintage watch while performing sports or intense physical activities. Also, we cannot guarantee waterproofness in this kind of watches.
Where do you source the watches you sell?
In the land of the magic Unicorns, where everything is joy and bliss. No, seriously, we find most of our pieces at local auctions and flea markets. Some times we discover exceptional watches for sale at specialized forums. Occasionally, they come to us through their former owners who just want to sell them. In the end, we try to bring the most attractive and singular vintage watches to you.
Shipping & Payments
All orders are shipped using Spain’s Post service. You will be provided with a tracking reference number once your order has been shipped. Goods are duly packed and protected to prevent damages.
Please be aware that we may need up to 48 hours to dispatch your orders if they are placed on weekdays. No dispatch on weekends and holidays.
We accept he following safe and trustworthy payment methods:
- Paypal: Pay with credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Amex) or with your own PayPal account. You will be redirected to the PayPal website after confirming your order. There you will have to confirm the payment. After the amount has cleared successfully, you will be sent back to our shop and receive an email from PayPal with your payment confirmation. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.
- Bank wire transfer: If you would like to transfer funds directly from your bank account, please choose this method when processing your order. Once you complete your order, you will receive an email with bank account details. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.