TAG Heuer Super Professional
- Heuer signed ETA 2892-2 automatic movement with date indication at 3.
- 21jewels, 28800 A/h, 42 hours of power reserve.
- One-piece stainless steel bead-blasted case in excellent condition.
- 42 mm (without crown) / 43 mm (lug-to-lug) / 15 mm (thick) / 20 mm (between lugs).
- TAG Heuer signed steel screw-down crown in excellent condition.
- Original sapphire crystal without any visible damage.
- Original TAG Heuer steel bead-blasted bracelet in excellent condition.
- TAG Heuer signed folding buckle with diving suit extension.
- Original black dial in excellent condition with big tritium lume indices.
- Original hands with tritium lume on hour and minute hands.
A bit of history about the TAG Heuer Super Professional (excerpt from Calibre 11):
The Super Professional was one of the last watches designed and made by Heuer before the 1984/5 sale to TAG, which explains why you will see some watches with the Heuer logo, but most with the TAG Heuer logo. The early Heuer- branded watches will often have some TAG Heuer branded parts, most commonly the clasp on the bracelet.
When people talk about collectible TAG Heuer watches from the 1980s and 90s, this is one of the first that comes to mind, alongside the 1000 Professional and the Aquagraph.
The Super Professional first appeared in the 1984 Heuer Catalog as a replacement for the 1000m diver, even though that watch continued in the Catalog for a few more years. The Super Professional featured the automatic ETA 2892 movement and is rated to depths of 1000 meters.
One of the interesting features of the Super Professional is that the watch featured a solid, one-piece case without a removable case-back, to ensure that the watch operated reliably at depths. To access the movement, first the bezel has to be removed and then the inner ring, crystal and dial to get at the movement.
The Super Professional stayed in the TAG Heuer catalog until the early 2000s, during which time TAG changed the case design, making it slightly larger (43mm) and more square, as well as changing the reference number to fit within the standard TAG Heuer numbering system (WS2110). The second version of the Super Professional seen above is from the 1992 TAG Heuer Catalogue.
When will I receive my new vintage watch?
We try to dispatch every order as soon as possible, but in some cases it can take us up to 48 hours to prepare your goods for shipment. Unless otherwise instructed by you, we will ship your watch with the Spanish Postal Service (link) and we’ll provide you with a tracking reference as soon as the package is delivered at the Post Office. The average shipment within the EU will take approximately 6 working days.
Is the shipment insured?
Yes. Shipping cost includes insurance equivalent to the price you paid for the watch. It does not include shipping costs.
How can shipping costs be the same when the value of the watches differ?
We take charge of the difference between the cost of the insurance and what we charge you. We calculate shipping costs based on a very low insurance value so we can offer you a simple checkout process. The remaining cost of insurance is deducted from our margin.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards, bank wire transfers and Paypal. We rely on Paypal’s secure and trust-worthy platform to manage all credit card payments.
Can I use my new vintage watch as an everyday wearer?
Sure. We only sell watches that are in full-working condition. However you must bear in mind that these are vintage pieces that may be 40, 50 or 70 years old. You can enjoy your new watch regularly under everyday life conditions. We do not recommend wearing your new vintage watch while performing sports or intense physical activities. Also, we cannot guarantee waterproofness in this kind of watches.
Where do you source the watches you sell?
In the land of the magic Unicorns, where everything is joy and bliss. No, seriously, we find most of our pieces at local auctions and flea markets. Some times we discover exceptional watches for sale at specialized forums. Occasionally, they come to us through their former owners who just want to sell them. In the end, we try to bring the most attractive and singular vintage watches to you.
Shipping & Payments
All orders are shipped using Spain’s Post service. You will be provided with a tracking reference number once your order has been shipped. Goods are duly packed and protected to prevent damages.
Please be aware that we may need up to 48 hours to dispatch your orders if they are placed on weekdays. No dispatch on weekends and holidays.
We accept he following safe and trustworthy payment methods:
- Paypal: Pay with credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Amex) or with your own PayPal account. You will be redirected to the PayPal website after confirming your order. There you will have to confirm the payment. After the amount has cleared successfully, you will be sent back to our shop and receive an email from PayPal with your payment confirmation. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.
- Bank wire transfer: If you would like to transfer funds directly from your bank account, please choose this method when processing your order. Once you complete your order, you will receive an email with bank account details. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.