Zenith 146 DP Chronograph
- Zenith 146DP manual-wound chronograph with 45 minute counter.
- Solid 18kt gold case with snap-on caseback in excellent condition with minor signs of use.
- 35 mm (without crown) / 40 mm (lug-to-lug) / 11 mm (thick) / 18 mm (between lugs).
- Original gold signed Zenith crown.
- Acrylic crystal in very good condition.
- Slightly used black leather strap by Hirsch with golden buckle.
- Original champagne sunburst dial with anthracite subdials.
- Applied hour markers in gold.
- Original pencil shaped hands with divided black accents in the center.
- Tachymeter scale printed in black.
- Black printed minute track.
A bit of history on the Zenith 146 calibers (excerpt from Analog/Shift):
Zenith’s chronographs, in particular, enjoyed a reputation for excellence since the early years of the company. At first Zenith used Excelsior Park and Valjoux movements, sharing them with Universal Genève and Movado (which Zenith would acquire in 1969). By the 1960s Zenith acquired èbauche manufacturer Martel and began using their movements exclusively.
Perhaps the most notable of these Martel-designed chronograph movements was the Caliber 146. First produced in the late sixties, the Caliber 146 came in two iterations, one–the Caliber 146HP–with a three-register dial layout that Universal Genève used in the 1950s. The other, which can be found in this watch, was the two-register Caliber 146DP.
With the launch of the El Primero automatic chronograph movement in 1969, Zenith ceased manufacturing manual-wound chronographs. This is one of the reasons why collectors are increasingly hunting for well preserved pieces.
When will I receive my new vintage watch?
We try to dispatch every order as soon as possible, but in some cases it can take us up to 48 hours to prepare your goods for shipment. Unless otherwise instructed by you, we will ship your watch with the Spanish Postal Service (link) and we’ll provide you with a tracking reference as soon as the package is delivered at the Post Office. The average shipment within the EU will take approximately 6 working days.
Is the shipment insured?
Yes. Shipping cost includes insurance equivalent to the price you paid for the watch. It does not include shipping costs.
How can shipping costs be the same when the value of the watches differ?
We take charge of the difference between the cost of the insurance and what we charge you. We calculate shipping costs based on a very low insurance value so we can offer you a simple checkout process. The remaining cost of insurance is deducted from our margin.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards, bank wire transfers and Paypal. We rely on Paypal’s secure and trust-worthy platform to manage all credit card payments.
Can I use my new vintage watch as an everyday wearer?
Sure. We only sell watches that are in full-working condition. However you must bear in mind that these are vintage pieces that may be 40, 50 or 70 years old. You can enjoy your new watch regularly under everyday life conditions. We do not recommend wearing your new vintage watch while performing sports or intense physical activities. Also, we cannot guarantee waterproofness in this kind of watches.
Where do you source the watches you sell?
In the land of the magic Unicorns, where everything is joy and bliss. No, seriously, we find most of our pieces at local auctions and flea markets. Some times we discover exceptional watches for sale at specialized forums. Occasionally, they come to us through their former owners who just want to sell them. In the end, we try to bring the most attractive and singular vintage watches to you.
Shipping & Payments
All orders are shipped using Spain’s Post service. You will be provided with a tracking reference number once your order has been shipped. Goods are duly packed and protected to prevent damages.
Please be aware that we may need up to 48 hours to dispatch your orders if they are placed on weekdays. No dispatch on weekends and holidays.
We accept he following safe and trustworthy payment methods:
- Paypal: Pay with credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Amex) or with your own PayPal account. You will be redirected to the PayPal website after confirming your order. There you will have to confirm the payment. After the amount has cleared successfully, you will be sent back to our shop and receive an email from PayPal with your payment confirmation. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.
- Bank wire transfer: If you would like to transfer funds directly from your bank account, please choose this method when processing your order. Once you complete your order, you will receive an email with bank account details. Your order will be processed as soon as we have received the verification of your payment. Our system will email our order confirmation to you.